Project Minima:

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Knocked Out by a Spring Cold

~ painting by Natsuo Ikegami ~

Two weeks and counting.  I surrendered during the first week.  No sewing!  Or reading... Mostly sleeping interrupted by deep coughing and nose blowing.  Not much eating either.  I must admit it's getting better, getting so much better after the second week (can't get much worse).  Still intermittent deep coughing, but I'm free to move about the cabin now and do a spot of sewing between mandatory naps.  yea! 

I made a raincoat B.C. (before cold) but haven't taken any pictures yet.  And I think I still want to fool around with the pockets a bit more...

And I've just finished my French house dress A.C. (after cold) made from old tablecloths someone gave me.  I just love it.  No pictures of that yet either.   I can only do so much on my reserve packs of energy.

I'll do that soon, promise.


10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're mobile and cognizant enough to be around pins and needles in safety after such a horrendous knock-out. I look forward to seeing your tablecloth dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, I'm wearing it right now! So comfy. I actually went out for tea this afternoon, but then ended up taking a long nap to make up for energy spent. Ah well...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had much more than just a simple cold! Hope you're feeling A1 & Tip-Top again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got it thru the internet! Weren't you playing around with a cold recently? I finally went to my doctor yesterday and she said, 'yep, you're recovering from a cold.' No antibiotics for me, they make me worse off, she agrees.

      Delete
  3. Ugh, nothing like being knocked off your feet from illness. Hoping you have a steady recovery, take good care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes. Lots of sleep, plenty of liquids. no meds.

      Delete
  4. Having spent most of the last three months fighting with the on-again/off-again cold, you have my sincere sympathy. The woman in the painting looks like how I feel. Hopefully you're back to your usual self soon. Kudos to you for being able to make a dress even though you're not functioning at full capacity ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, on-again/ off-again is the worst! I was hoping for a one-time affair. Do feel free to borrow the painting if it fits the bill, so to speak. Here's to healthy days (and nights)!

      Delete
  5. I hope you're feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am, although I still have a bit of a cough now and then. I've added B12 to my regime per my doctor's advice. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for asking.

      Delete